Thick white discharge from nipple, changing shape, flaky skin. Advised mammogram, pap smear and lab tests. Guidance?

I am 31 and have been having a thick white discharge from my nipple and it is changing shape and appearance. It is also peeling all the time like flaky skin so I went to my dr. Today and she does not think it is cancer but ordered a mammogram, papsmear,and these labs..1. Prolactin, tsh thyroid stimulating hormone, and dhea sulfate labs. If she didn't think it was cancer what would she be looking for with these particular tests? Or is she not trying to worry me about cancer? It was first visit with new dr so I don't really know how to take her.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013