Thick, slimy mucus with black stringy thing from throat since a long time, no fever. What does this mean?

I am 16 years old for a while now maybe a couple months I have had really thick slimy muscus come out my throat . Everytime the mucus comes out I notice a black stringy looking thing with the slime. I have no fever syptoms, sniffling of the nose or anything does this mean anything? I asked my doctor before about this problem but he didn t really answer my question and seemed like he had no idea what I was talking about.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Sep 2012
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
HI dear thanks for your question on HCM,your having thick mucus coming from your throat with out from fever from last two months,dear there is nothing to worry for your this symptom,this condition is called PND, (posterior nasal drip) which irritates the throat constantly,this condition is usually due to allergens in the atmosphere, which makes your mucus is advisible for you to avoid allergins,which you ,can yourself assess,you can take antihistaminic in the form levo cetrizin,it will settle dawn your problems,