Thick lining of the uterus found in the ultrasound. Delayed periods. HPT negative. Have pregnancy symptoms. What does it mean?

Hi, I m currently 18 days late for my period. Have taken several HPT and one blood test that all came back negative. I had a vaginal ultrasound this morning and my Dr. said I had a thick lining on my uterus . She suggested I come back in a month if I have not yet started my period to put me something to help my cycle along. What I don t understand is why I don t show any HCG levels, no period, experiencing pregnancy symptoms , perfectly lined uterus for a baby and, my Dr. doesn t want to start me on the hormone to kick start my cycle yet JUST IN CASE I am pregnant. Does this make any sense?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012