Thick hair follicle pulled out from jaw line. Slightly infected, blood and pus came. Root of the hair very hard. Small lump in same area. What is it, is it coming again?

One day while shaving i noticed an usually thick hair follicle shaved hair on my chin/ jaw line. I managed to get a grip on the end of it with tweasers and pull it out. It was slightly infected and some blood and puss came out too, at the root of the hair it had gone very hard at the bulb, as hard as a stone , large too about 2mm - and so solid it was very strange, like it had been mutating and growing in the hair follicle and expanding in diameter. The rest of the hair further up was quite soft and kind of mushy. I removed it all. Now several weeks later i have a small lump under the skin in the same place, where i believe it was, like a subcutaneous fat lump or cyst perhaps.. ro maybe its come back... Should I get it cut out? any ideas what it is?
Asked On : Tue, 8 May 2012