Thick gray colored mucus with blood at base of throat, tracheal swelling, inability to swallow

I have very thick gray colored mucus with blood in it that is coming from the base of my throat by the tonsil area. It has been accompanied by tracheal swelling and soreness with an increasing inability to swallow . I am not coughing and have no runny nose but I would like to understand the reason behind this mucus. It has a very strange grainy texture sort of like tapioca pudding but thicker. Any suggestions on what it might be?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Oct 2012