Thick gel production in eye, redness. Allergy?

In less than two hours, a thick gel has been produced in my eye. It looks like it is trying to spill out of my eye but it is two thick. The white of my eye is red. This gel reminds me of that movie, The Red Blob that Devoured San Diego (a stupid movie) but serves well as a great description. I have gotten this before if I ate alot of dairy. About two hrs. ago I ate about a cup of pistaschios, a cup full of shells were left anyway. I have eaten those before, just not so many. Do you think this could be an allergy? YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Nov 2012
Looks you have sort of dryness in your eye specially the water component might be less so the mucous component may becoming more and appearing as strand.allergies do cause dry eye.
Best wishes