Thick brown discharge weak before periods, no menstruation, pregnancy test negative

Two months ago I had thick brown discharge the week before my period . I didn t think anything of it. I have had that same thick brown discharge this month but it has lasted for two weeks. I was supposed to start my period this week but it is only the brown discharge. What do I do? I have taken a home pregnancy test and it was negative.
Asked On : Mon, 21 May 2012

Welcome to healthcaremagic.

The brown discharge could be due to hormonal imbalance in you .This is a common presentation in such conditions and negative results on Urine pregnancy test ascertains this.

Do consult a gynaecologist for the same.This may not be serious but its essential to get it evaluated.

Wish you good health.