Thick brown discharge 7 weeks postpartum. Could this be my period returning ?

Had my first baby on January 17 th, and had the normal postpartum bleeding for about 4 weeks after delivery ( vaginally, no rips or tears .). Now, at about 7 weeks postpartum, I noticed I am having a thick brown discharge , thought it was my period returning, but normally my periods are red and not thick and start out much heavier than this. I heard your first period after birth is heavy, so just wondering could this be my period returning? Or does it sound like something else? Oops never,ind, didnt realize u had to pay money to get the answer, I don t even have a credit card :(
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013