There is a extra skin growing right at the top of my clitoris. What could be the reason for this?

Hi Dr, I have recently had problems with a extra piece of something thats growing right at the top of my clitoris . Its like a little pointy piece of thick skin? It sometimes get really itchy around the sides of the growth. What is this thing that is growing?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Apr 2011
If its not itchy, their shouldn't be a problem. I have had experienced the same thing but it wasn't itchy, the color was white and it went away.
This is a small formation of penis, don't worry size will be different in deferent people. It may be detailed check up required with doctor. Be ensure that no any fungal infections in your vagina. If ther is you can apply some anti fungal creams and try.
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
The overgrowth of skin you have seen might be some blocked gland on the clitoris or just an overgrown skin tag. You need not worry about it. It usually remains as it is without extra growth unless infected.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal