Thecal compression due to disc herniation can be cured with medication or surgery is required?

Hi Doctor, I am Soma Acharya age 24 female, i have been suffering back from last one year, i visited doctor before and he suggested me to do a MRI , after got my MRI report i found there. Lumbar lordosis is decreased, reduced T2WI hyperintense signal seen in L5-S1 level, posterocentral disc potrusion seen at L5-S1 level cousing thecal compression only. Impression: Disc herniation at L5-S1 level causing thecal compression only. So i would like to know that do i have to worry about this and is that possible to cure proper medication or i have tol go through a surgery, thanking you, waiting for your reply.
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012