The site of marsupialisation seeps blood 2-3 days before period with itching. What do I do ?

Hello and good day. Three years ago, I had a marsupialisation, the surgery for the removal of a bartholyn absecssed gland . Five months later, the site seeps blood two three days before my period. Now, during my period and some other times of the moment, it does protude and whenever am doing my period, I feel discomfort, like itching and a searing pain on the surgery site. I feel relunctant to engage in sex as I feel the motion may cause it to become inflamed and painful. None of my ob/gyn have helped as they all seem helpless. What do I do. Thanks. AAAAA
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013
Hello ma'am.

I am really sorry to hear about your complication but the procedure should help improve quality of life, not make it worse.

I am guessing the procedure was either not conducted properly or this is an ill-effect of the surgery which is at times senn in some patients.

The best advice I have for your presentation would be to open and explore the site of surgery, thoroughly drain and clean the region and also cauterize all blood vessels in the region to prevent bleeding or formation of a cavity that could easily get infected, along with antibiotic coverage.

Hope this helps.