The sides of my tongue and throat are sore and feels like a bruise. Is this cancer ?

THE SIDE OF MY TOUNGE FEELS LIKE A BRUISE AND IS SORE IAM A SMOKER IT COMES AND GOES ALSO SOMETIMES MY THROAT FEELS THE SAME ON JUST ONE SIDE IM A SMOKER ,AND SOMETIMES ONE SIDE OF MY THROAT HURTS WHEN I SWALLOW IT FEELS LIKE BRUISE OR SOMETHING SHARP AND ALSO THE SAME SIDE AS PAIN IN THROAT MY TOUNGE ON SAME SIDE FEELS LIKE A BRUISE AND IS SORE BUT I ONLY GET IT ONCE IN AWHILE AND LAST NIGHT I GOT A LIFESAVER CANDY LODGED AND STUCK IN MY THROAT AND NOW MY TOUNGE HURTS AND THE RIGHT SIDE OF THROAT COULD THIS BE SOMETHING LIKE CANCER OR COULD IT JUST BE SORE FROM CHOCKING LAST NIGHT ON CANDY
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jul 2011