The joint at the base of middle finger and index finger hurts, bruising in finger joint. Concern?

The joint at the base of my middle finger hurts, I have pinpoint pain if I press on the palm side (sides of joint next to ring finger and index finger) as if to press at an angle into that joint. It hurts to make a fist but range of motion is still there, just hurts to bend. I had no trauma but I am a college athlete and lift weights 5 days a week. I have pain gripping anything as wide or wider than a cup. Is this minor? Oh I have mild bruising inbeteeen the middle finger joint and pointer finger joint on the palm side but cannot tell if there is brushing directly over the joint due to calluses
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013