Tests show mild form of UIP post treatment for pneumonia, does not have breathing issues. Suggestions?

Hi After 4 years of coughing after 2 consequtive years with pneumonia . My Mother has had tests which the conclusion being a mild form of UIP these tests also showed a saturation rate of 98% and she doesn t have any breathing problems. After looking up UIP I can t see how anyone could have a mild form... prognosis is death within 5 years! This wasn t explained to my Mother and she doesn t want to ask. Addition info- was a premature baby and had radioactive iodine treatment for Hypathyroidsm in her 30 s (now 65) Please advice
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013