Testicles ache, sensitive to touch, stressed out. Can hormone fluctuations lead to above symptoms?

Hi, my boyfriend is 32 and in fairly good health. He told me today that sometimes his testicles ache. Not hurt, just ache a bit and get a bit sensitive to touch. He was really stressed out about it, worried that maybe drug use had damaged him somehow. He s had a check up and std testing in the last year and was clean. I told him that hormone fluctuations can sometimes cause it. Did I inadvertantly lie to him or am l right.?
Asked On : Sat, 10 Nov 2012
pain in the testis intermittently are many a times without without any cause.But that should be the last diagnosis and a prompt attempt must be made to rule out other possibilities.
Hence a good evaluation is warranted.
All the best