Testicle torsion, swelling, irregularity in testicle, scan showed dead testicle, advised surgery. Is it necessary?

sir,i was effected by testicle torsion about six months back. I went to check up doctor said that its just swelling and gave me medicine.i suffered from heavy pain about ten days and later i was normal.Later due to some irregularity in testicle went for a scan then he was shocked as it is not working.Then doctor said its dead testicle. But he said whenever u are free remove it through surgery. Is it compulsary to remove it. Does it effect me during work?Until now i didnt face trouble.
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012