Testicle pain, hip pain. Ultrasound shows small cyst. Surgery to remove testicles. Alternative options?

I am 46 years old, i have suffered Right Testicle pain for many years..The only way to describe the pain is as if a Brick had been tied to my Testicle, like a hard Pulling feeling...Constant pain. Had ultrasound , all was found was a very small cyst that i was told was normal for a man of my age. On self examination, my epididymis is very very painfull, and when i follow the tube that comes from it, that also hurts like hell. I can follow the tube untill it disapears into my groin area. I also suffer from alot of pain in my right Hip area, especially at night when the pain can wake me up in an instant. I am quite sure that all this pain i am experiencing is connected in some way??? The specialist from my local hospital said that he would remove the Testicle as to get rid of the pain !!! Bit drastic i thought ! Have any of you guys suffered this before, or has anyone got any ideas? Dont seem to be getting anywhere with the specalists. Thanks.
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012