Tested positive for herpes. Red and swollen. Can it be yeast infection?

I was tested positive for herpes years ago and I am unsure of which simplex. I get sores on both my mouth and vagina every so often but that is not my question. I am on antibiotics and I thought I was beginning to develop a yeast infection . However... the symptoms I am experiencing feel like an outbreak (herpes). The symptoms consisted of an itch... then the feeling of soreness ( probably from scratching ) and now I have very painful urination . I am treating myself with over the counter yeast infection medicine ( 2 days ) and I feel NO relief from the burn. How do I know for certain what I have ? My husband said all he sees down there is that I am red and swollen but no blisters or sores. However I do not have the thick discharge associated with a yeast infection. I just can t tell what I am experiencing because my first thought was a yeast infection because of the antibiotics.... please help !!!!
Asked On : Sat, 5 May 2012