Tested positive for Rheumatoid factor. Done hand Xrays, right hand severe arthritis and left hand swelling. Can rheumatoid cause pain, numbness and tingling?

I just tested positive for Rheumatoid factor and a high sed rate, my doctor also ordered x-rays on my hands to take to the rheumatologist , the right hand showed severe arthritis changes but the left hand showed soft tissue swelling.. In the left hand I have lots of pain and numbness and tingling, could rheumatoid cause the numbness and pain?
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012