Tested normal for cholesterol blood test. Prescribed atorvastatina 20mg. Suggest some diet to be taken

i am living in spain and have just had a cholesterol blood test at our local clinic which is excellent,i was told by my doctor that my good cholesterol is very good,but my bad is 2.67 i think that in spain they measure it differently,my doctor has prescribed atorvastatina20mg,this is the first time i have had tablets prescribed,and i am wondering why the doctor did not try to change my diet before putting me on statins,i can speak a little spanish but not enough to ask this question whilst i was with the doctor.Thankyou Andrina King 64 year old actve woman.
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012