Terrible tooth pain on lower left side of jaw, Dr advised extraction of both lower and upper wisdom tooth. Is it ok ?

Hello Dr, I am a 35 years old female. Few weeks ago, I experianced terrible tooth pain on the lower left side of my jaw. The pain worsened while chewing or when my upper tooth met with the lower one. I consulted a dentist who said i need to extract both the lower and upper left wisdom teeth which has cavity and are decayed. He said he can t fill it up or have a RCT on them as its not adviced on wisdom tooth . He didn t take Xrays. He said i shouldn t worry much as he will just give me a local anesthetic and pull both the wisdom tooth out at the same time as they are fully erupted. I have sheduled an appointment next week for extraction and I am very worried. Do you think i should ask him to take xrays? And should I extract both teeth at the same time or should i just go for one at the time? And what post operative measures should i take after the extraction. Awaiting your early reply soon. Thanking you in advance!
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012