Terrible stomach pain, reaching 8/10 on pain scale, normal CT scan, normal blood test, IBS. Cure?

Starting about a year ago i have had bad episodes about once a month of just terrible stomach pain .. Some reaching 8/10 on pain scale . Recently i had a bad one and was in the ER. They did a cat scan, blood tests and nothing was wrong. I went to a GI doctor and did some tests and he said i might have IBS . I followed the strict diet and felt okay for a couple of days but for the past week i have had a constand dull pain in my abdomen area. It is there when i go to bed and when i wake up. It never goes away. It doesnt necesarily hurt, but its just an odd feeling that i can always feel. Any idea? my test for H pylori came up negative.
Asked On : Sat, 19 May 2012