Terrible pain in waist area extending to back causing urgency to pass urine. Tests showed coil embedded in womb. Help?

Hi, I m based in the UK & a 57yr old female. From around Sept 2012 I began to experince terrible pain between my right & left side of waist area & leading to my back (above buttocks ) - with an urgency to pass urine but couldn t and. once for 2 days despite the intake of ample fluids. Then I began to pass urine normally but with the assistance of severe pain whilst doing so. The pain instigated the need to urinate (no pain whilst passing), but the pain, be it on the left or right side unbearable. Urine & blood tests have returned normal as with an ultra sound scan yesterday the 3rd of Jan 2013 - & now I am terribly worried. That said, I have the coil embedded in my womb (being there for 14yrs). I was due surgery last year for removal but the procedure cancelled due to an emergency. Another appointment cancelled due to the consultant being away! I was not best pleased. I am also suffering from a degnerative spine problem which I am receiving acupunture for along with other treatment/s. Could the coil (embedded in my womb) be the cause of this pain? My sleep is deprived as I awake almost every 15mins with an urgency accompanied with pain to urinate. Then I have day s where I cannot pass water despite drinking high quantities of fluids and, running water from bath/sink basin taps and I actually have to push but no urine will pass. I apologise if the above is confusing but, that is the problem and I am at my wits end. Help please. Lisa Anderson
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013