Terrible pain and swelling in the gums on the sides with throat pain. Treatment required?

Hi there, I woke up this morning and felt fine, however throughout the day I noticed the back of my mouth (my gum) on the left side hurts. I touched it and it felt swollen (in comparison to the other side). Then gradually my throat started to hurt (just on that side). I drank tea thinking it might be an early sign of a cold however it got worse! Should I be concerned? Also, I have not had my wisdom teeth come in yet. Thanks so much
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jun 2012