Terrible itchy skin, was on Cetaphil does not work anymore. Sever itching all over body. Mate has several allergies. Could this be related?

Hi, about 3 weeks ago, my skin started itching terribly. I have sensitive skin and have been using Cetaphil which has been working well for me but doesn't seem to work any more. I've been experiencing severe itching all over my body especially my lower legs which has turned black with scratches from my nail because the itching is uncontrollable and at times my legs would feel numb. I haven't changed my laundry detergent or food and I'm healthy. However, my mate has severe allergies and taking the medication for it, could this have a side affect on me? I'm so embarrased by the way my legs look. I don't understand what's going on.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013