Terrible itching, burning sensation in vagina, white discharge. Is it serious?

For the past few days I have been having a terrible itch and burning sensation in my vagina as well as a whit discharge that looks almost like cottage cheese... Is this something serious or not? I have been waiting to call my doctor just to see if it would clear on its own but hhe itch is getting to the point where I just can t take it anymore. Can you help me? Is it serious? Should I see my doctor about this?
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012
Hi, Danielle,
Thanks for query.
From your symptoms and type of discharge it seems that you are having Triconomas vaginalis, a fungal infection.
Go for vaginal swab examination.
Apply anti fungal cream or put anti fungal tablet like mycostatin vaginal in your vagina.
Take oral anti fungal medicine.
Take antihistamine like cetrizine for local itching.
keep your local part dry,clean and healthy.
ok and bye.