Termination due to dandy walker malformation, advised high dose of folic acid. Recommendations?

Hi there, I had a termination for medical reasons in January due to dandy walker malformation. my consultant recommended I took a higher doze of folic acid - i.e. 3 miligrmas instead of 400micrograms. the vitamins I can get without subscription are for only 400micrograms per tablet. does that mean i should take more tablets a day to get to 3 miligrams or does he need to prescribe them to me? thanks a lot
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013