Terminal lung cancer, has shortness of breath, worsened breathing. Prognosis?

Dr, My grandad has terminal lung cancer , his doctor has not asked to See him again for 3 months, but he is very short of breath and no more treatment is Available, will the doctor not be expecting to see him again and will she have only have said 3 months to keep his spirits high? And honestly, with it being terminal, and his breathlesness getting worse on a daily basis, how long do you think he may have left with us? Thanks for your time
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012