Tendonitis can turn into carpol tunnel syndrome.

I need to know if tendonitis can turn into carpol tunnel syndrom? Shop doctor says it can. My ortho doctor says it cant. Which one is right?
Asked On : Sun, 8 Nov 2009
Tendonitis is inflammation of tendons which are the insertions of muscles into bones. It occurs when the tendons are subjected to repeated mechanical loads. If untreated, it can lead to chronic disability and tendon rupture. It can sometimes lead to carpal tunnel syndrome if it occurs at the wrist due to compression of a nerve in the wrist called Median nerve. If this occurs, there will be severe pain and tingling sensation. For both these conditions, the emergency treatment is rest to the joint and splinting. Then further management depends upon the extent of the condition.