Tendon tear, pain at elbow joint, microscopic tears in muscle. Taking ibuprofen for pain. Can I continue exercise?

After doing pullups and chinups 5 days/week for almost 1/2 year, I finally added bicep/triceps 2 days/week, and chest/shoulders 2 days/week. Because the chinup bars are straight across, and not angled, I think with the extra work in my arms along with the strain of a non-neutral hand position on the chinup bar, I tore the tendon of my flexor carpi ulnaris at its origin in the humerus . It is quite painful at the elbow joint, but also painful a bit further down the ulna, so maybe I also have some micro- tears in the muscle. (I am 65 years old). I stopped doing chinups (palms facing me), and my biceps exercises all have the palms facing away from me. I am taking ibuprofin to help with the inflammation. I also put handles on my chinup bar, so I can eventually keep my hands in a neutral position when I go back to doing chinups. (I continue to do pullups.) My question is, how long is a normal recovery, and how should I ease back into my routine? Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jun 2012