Tenderness,soreness with swelling on the anterior triangle, swelling in centered in the middle of the throat under the chin. What could this be?

i woke up and felt very tender and sore in the anterior triangle where my head merges with the neck the pain and tenderness is accompanied by swelling that is noticable when my head is in a normal straight forward position. it is centerd perfectly in the middle of my throat right under my chin , what could this be. I dont want to have to go to the doc if i dont need to because i do not have inshurance.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Apr 2012