Tenderness over mastoid bone, sharp pain on touching, throbbing around back of skull around mastoid. Cause and remedy?

Mastriuod bone on both ear are very tender to touch or to lay down, ear feel a bit plug but not bad it is like a thick band is strecth from one ear across back of head to next ear. The band around back of skull throb and the ends that are at the mastoid bony project sharp pain if touched or slept on or if I were a hat, my eye glass seem very heavy around the ears and the tip of the glasses bow end push the back mastoid bone area throbs
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012