Tenderness on foot, no pain unless touched, swelling. Taken Aleve. Tingling. Will this pass?

Yesterday my 4 year old son accidently stepped on my foot , the veins on top of my foot became very tender. They were bulging for a few minutes but then subsided. The area is very tender to the touch but does not cause me any pain unless I touch it in one particular spot. However, around 2 p.m. today I noticed that my leg (same side as the tender foot) is beginning to swell . I took 2 alleve hoping that would help with inflammation. My leg does not hurt but feels a little tingly (hardly noticeable) but does feel tight and swollen. Will this pass or do I need to be concerned. Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 14 Sep 2012