Tenderness/mild pain in the inner arm near elbow crease, deep under the skin. Suffer hypothyroid, arthritis. Solution ?

While rubbing lotion on my arms 2 days ago (I don t often do this), I felt specific tenderness/mild pain in the inner arm near the elbow crease. The pain is concentrated in areas near the right and left sides of the elbow crease, not at all in the center of the crease. I kneeded the area and can feel several lumps of different sizes, seed sized, pea size, peanut sized, etc., very soft and also firm but not hard. All seem to be deep under the skin even though they can be felt with my fingers. My husband says that my arm looks a bit puffy near the elbow. Most of the tenderness and subdermal lumps are on the right inner arm. There is the same type of tenderness on the left inner arm too, though to a far lesser degree, and also located at the outer side of arm crease again, but no specific lumps felt on the left. I am 50, menopausal, hypothyroid and have some arthritis .
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
Dentist 's  Response
Welcome to the forum.
According to your description , pain over your arms seems to be inflammatory in nature.
I advice you to give you rest to the part affected, take anti-inflammatory drug like motrin 1 tablet with food as and when required (upto 4 tablets daily) to reduce pain and inflammation and consult your doctor for thorough examination of arms and rule out any infective cause.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.