Tenderness at the base of neck, voice strained, lymph nodes under chin. What is it?

40 year old male, 165lb, I am healthy and inshape but having tenderness at the base of my neck on both sides, been this way for several days, no fever, dont feel ill otherwise, neck feels thick and kind of stiff, voice feels strained as if I have been talking too much but havent been talking at all. I have had spells of this off and on for maybe a year now. Lymph nodes under chin just slightly tender too but not enlarged
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013