Tender scalp, painful swelling behind ears. Done blood test for HIV, Mono. What is this bump?

my scalp had recently become tender in places, almost like when you wear a ponytail to long, I have swelling in the area behind my ears. I went to my GP and he did blood test for everything, including HIV and mono. Slowly the bumps have subsided and the sensitivity got better. Until this morning I have a large ( size of a nickel) bump behind my right ear. It is throbbing almost like a sting, and it hurts when I move my neck . I almost feels like a head- band or glasses that are to tight is pushing against my head. I checked my scalp it is not flaky, or itchy or red. What the heck is this?
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012