Tender biceps, pain while moving the arm. Reason and treatment?

Ever since I got a flu shot, my bicept has been tender (3 1/2 months of tenderness) It is sore when I move it - eg. can not put arm behind my back, some lateral movements pull the muscle causing pain. I do not think it is rotator cuff (even though some of the movements that I can not do are typical of rotator cuff injury) because I can rotate my shoulder without pain. It is quick or sudden motion that seems to cause the sharp pain in my bicept - in particular in the region of the entry site of the flu shot. What are your thoughts about what it might be and how to treat this.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013