Temporary hairloss leading to permanent thin hairs on scalp. How to prevent ?

I started loosing hairs when I was 15-16y/o and it resulted in less hairs around the hairline. I also had a lot of dandruff then. Changing the hairline didn t help. It further resulted to wide hairline and less hairs around it. I can t comb my hair back into a pony tail because wide hairline is better than more visible scalp!! At 17, I got irregular periods. Like, it remained regular for few months and then it skipped for 2-3 months. I am 20 now and this has skipping has happened to me thrice or a bit more. Once it didn t happen for 3 months and then the doctor gave me some medicine and asked me to get thyroid test done. the reports were normal. I got my period 4-5 days after having the medicine. Note- I was under extreme stress n depression during this skipping. PRESENT SITUATION- I get regular periods but heavy flow... I became yellow within 5 days since the last two periods. before that, it did nt effect my health much. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION- I have had 3-4 course of antibiotics for malaria and typhoid since an year. Now I am okay. But my hairs are still thin...same as before. I don t have hairfall. I lose not more than 50 hairs a day. Some days its just 10-20 falls. I wanna know can I get thick hairs back.... except for hair transplant?? My father, his father and his brothers have lost hair in central part of head .. like a big round bald spot sparing frontal hairline. My father s mother and sister have good hairs. My maternal grandfather also has the same pattern but my mother probably has one of the thickest n longest hair. Also,Can I use blow dryer on a medium heat to dry my hair?? I haven t started doing it yet but during college I will get difficulty in the morning by wet hairs. Thank you!
Asked On : Tue, 20 Sep 2011