Temporary filling came out. Filled it again but is not comfortable. Advice?

I had a deep cavity drilled out today. Almost required a root canal but dentist saved the tooth . A mold was taken and a temporary filling was applies. Within the first hour, a part loosened and i returned to the office for a fix. Several hours later the whole ing came out...appeared to even be some soft cotton/ gauze material in there. Rinsed with hydrogen peroxide mixture and got temporary filling from the local drug store. It s not painful...but not comfortable either. Was the temp filling a bad choice for the next couple of days until i can get to the office again?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013