Temperature, loss of appetite, bad cough and glassy eyes. Taking paracetamol. Need to ask a doctor for opinion?

My Son is 9. 7 days ago he had temp of 39C and was being sick. 6 days ago his temp. was 38C. He was very sleepy and lethargic but wasn t sick anymore. 5 days ago he seemed quite a bit brighter and wanted to have his normal swimming lesson. In the evening he had earache and high temp. For the last 4 days he s had a temp of 37.5; has been lethargic; doesn t have an appetite; he s had a very bad cough and his eyes look glassy. Since the general trend is that he s better than a week ago, should I keep treating him at home? Or should I get him seen? Also is it important that I give him regular paracetamol/ ibuprofen if his fever now is only slight? (I don t want to give more than necessary) Many thanks
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013