Tell me the liver cirrhosis diet

What foods are good for liver cirrhosis and what foods are not good ?
Asked On : Tue, 25 Jan 2011
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
The liver is originated from blood according to ayurveda.So the blood support diet is essential viz manuka(draksha),sathesali rice,wheat,jwar,sugar,all green vegetables,the complete home made food,cows milk etc are useful.
Radiologist Dr. Joe Antony's  Response
Hi, The following diet is advisable...1) reduce sodium intake.. reduce salty foods, meats
2) increase intake of vegetables and vegetarian proteins like grams and pulses.3) avoid fast foods 4) eat small and frequent meals/ snacks...these things should help in cirrhosis. See some information on cirrhosis here: