Teflon inserted in tube to prevent the reflux. Having slight pain in kidney. Reason?

hi I had started having reflux about 21yrs ago. I went for a minor surgery - teflon insert put inserted in my tube to prevent the reflux. I did help. For four yrs i have been going to the hospital for antiboic. A week ago i was admitted again did a CT scan - showed that my left kidney is 6cm. Still have slight pain in my kidney Doc said i might have to removed it. I am going on the 26th for a kidney function test Please tell me the clinical function of a 6cm kidney
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013
Nephrologist 's  Response
Hi, Normal adult kidney length ranges from 9-11 cms. Without doing kidney function test, it is not possible to find the differential function of each kidney. DTPA or DMSA are the test of choice for such conditions. your doctors are doing right job. please follow their advice. Take care.