Teething in kids, has runny nose, puss like stuff coming from eyes. Is it due to allergy or teething?

my son is 8 months old. He is teething ,but he also has runny nose watery and puss looking stuff coming out of his eyes. He is also caughing, running a low fever during the day and higher at night. He is also very fussy. I took him to his doctor yesterday and he said it was all related to teething. I have never heard that teething causes all these things. This has been going on for about a week. I thought it was allergies but my husband came home sick today and my other child is not feeling that well. Do you think I should get a second opinion?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jun 2012