Teeth seemed to have changed positions after using OTC night-guards. Will it go back to normal on its own?

Hi! During my last dental check up I was told I would need a nightguard. I was very busy with exams and then was going on holiday so I didn t have time to make an appointment. Instead as a temporary fix I bought one of the OTC nightguards. Now my teeth seem to change their positions. Are they going to go back on their own? If not will fitting the custom-made nightguard have to wait? Thank you for your reply!
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012