Teenager with sever vomiting and diarrhea. Losing weight. Could this be flu?

hi my daughter is 16 years old, she is 5'8 and weighs around 120 pounds. Friday night she woke up vomiting, but throughout saturday she felt better and went to bed feeling fine. that day she started eating toast in the morning and worker up to heavier foods. that night, she woke up at midnight vomiting and at 6 am with diarrhea. again, it was only the morning she felt sick but felt better by night. then last night she woke up again at around 12am vomiting and at 2am dry heaving. When she woke up she also had diarrhea. We are not sure what this is. I didn't think it was the flu, because she feels good through the day. we also dont know how long this will last. she is already quite thin and its not good for her to be loosing more weight.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013