Teenager with dehydration. Blood sugar dropped low. What could be the reason?

Recently I have a problem dehydrating after drinking 2 water bottles before the incident, all I did was throw up twice with in the minute, this has happen before in ROTC when we were working out for the fitness team my blood sugar dropped very low and I started to hyperventilate which never happened to me before. I am a fit teen and this never occurred before. I am 17 male why is this happening and what is happening?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jun 2012
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic,
After going through you available details it is clear that you suffered low blood sugar level (Hypoglycemia).
There are many causes for low blood sugar level hence it must be investigated properly.
You should visit an Endocrinologist and appropriate tests including oral glucose tolerance test. with ultrasonography or MRI of abdomen to find any tumor secreting insulin.
There are reactive hypoglycemia cause is to be searched and treatment depends on cause.
In the mean time avoid exercise and take frequent starch meal to maintain blood sugar levels.
Hope this information is useful to You.
Wish You good health.
Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D.