Teenager. Pain and popping sound in chest. Histroy of allergy and dry cough. Concerning?

Age: 17
Height: 6'
Weight: 140
When I breathe in deeply, my chest (specifically the left side) hurts. Sometimes when I lay down on my side or sit a certain way, my chest makes audible "pops" that occur with every first heartbeat. It feels like my heart is pounding at the back of my sternum. Is this something to worry about?

Other info: I've been healthy the past couple months but at the start of last week I had allergies from pollen and grass inhalation, which was followed by a dry cough that lasted a couple days.
As far as I know, I have no heart problems. However, when I was a baby my doctor detected a barely audible murmur. It went away after a few months and since then my heart hasn't really had any issues.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013