Teenager. Mood swings, thinking about suicide, low self esteem, mild depression. Help

I am a 17 year old male currently at sixth form and hoping to either go to uni or the army. i took an online test to see if im depressed, and it said that i MAY (stressed it wasnt a diagnosis, which is why im here) that i may have mild to moderate depression. I am happy sometimes, but then i think about my life and i just think its worthless, like im a pathetic nobody, and i am, quite frequently, thinking about ways i would kill myself. I dont have an urge to do it, but i believe that i would if i hd the willpower or something to drive me. I have had horrifically low self esteem for years, had a spec needs class a few years ago to help and it did, apparently im improving but i cant even ahve an argument without almost getting teary. i need a diagnosis before i go see a doctor to see if it may be real or if its in my head
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013