Teenager. Bad chest pain while breathing. Histroy of breathing problem, acid reflux. On inhalers. Anything wrong?

Hi i'm an 18 yr old girl, 165lbs (75kg), 5' 6.5". I'm very active and i have been experiences troubles breathing and chest pain for about 6.5 years now. I have bad acid reflux and i've been on a couple different antacids. I've also taken many different inhalers. I started experiencing really bad chest pains about 9 days ago. Every time I take a deep breath in, it feels like someone is swinging a hammer into my heart/left lung. Do you have any ideas what could be wrong? my doctor said it could just be chest tightness because i haven't taken my puffer for a while, or it could just be normal pains cause i'm a girl.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013