Teen with heart burn, have skipped heart beat coupled with shortness of breath on trying to fall asleep. What could be wrong?

Hi I m a 16 year old girl and recently i ve been experiencing occasional problems with my heart . I ve always had heart burn and acid reflux . However, in the past two weeks my heart would randomly feel like it skipped a beat or did an extra beat or like something was wrong. It would make me jump and send this weird feeling throughout my body. This feeling is coupled with shortness of breath. I ve also been feeling shortness of breath occasionally by its self (with out the heart thing). My heart usually does these weird things when I m lying down in bed trying to fall asleep. Whats wrong with me? I told my mom and she keeps saying she is going to get me a Doctors appointment but hasn t gotten around to it yet, and I m just getting a little nervous because the heart thing has been getting worse.
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012